I’ve been looking at the Kimber Tactical Pro II for about 3 months now at my local gun store 🙂 It’s a 4″ 1911 thats identical in feel to my Kimber Pro Carry.
This Tactical Pro II is chambered in 9mm however, making the the lightweight aluminum frame/steel slide 4″ 1911 much more manageable in terms of recoil for those with small hands like my wife.
Kimber went all out with the TP2, including front and back strap checkering, factory night sights, light weight match trigger, match barrel and an extended/beveled magazine well.
The size is identical to my Kimber Pro Carry, making it a perfect fit into my Nightingale Leather Raptor IWB Holster.
The only thing left to do is get this gun to the range so I can see how well it shoots! I expect it to shoot well, so look for a range report soon!
Kimber is making some very fine duty/concealment pistols and I don’t expect this one to not meet that very same mark as well.
- Caliber: .45 ACP
- Height (inches) 90° to barrel: 5.50
- Weight (ounces) with empty magazine: 28
- Length (inches): 7.7
- Magazine capacity: 7
- Magazine well
- Ambidextrous thumb safety
- Recoil spring (pounds): 22.0
- Full-length guide rod
- Also available: 9 mm
- Material: Aluminum
- Finish: Matte gray
- KimPro II™ frame finish
- Width (inches): 1.28
- Front strap checkering
- Checkering under trigger guard
- Material: Steel
- Finish: Matte black
- Length (inches): 4
- Material: Steel, match grade
- Twist rate (left hand): 16
- Meprolight Tritium 3-dot night sight, fixed
- Radius (inches): 5.7
- Double diamond
- Kimber logo
- Premium aluminum, match grade
- Factory setting (approximate pounds): 4.0 – 5.0
Latest posts by Eric Sarakaitis (see all)
- A first look at the Kimber Tactical Pro II - 29 April, 2013
- Kimber Solo concealment options - 29 April, 2013
- Kimber Solo CDP Range Report – notes from the firing line - 10 March, 2013